Construction Claims and Responses: Effective Writing and Presentation 2nd Edition
A practical, step-by-step guide on how to prepare and respond to construction claims. Everyone involved in the preparation or review of construction claims should have this book to hand. The book examines the different types of claim common to construction contracts and presents a step-by-step guide to demonstrate the process of building up a fully detailed claim submission. It includes advice on:
- Contract administration for claims and claims avoidance.
- Identifying the various types of claim.
- The key points for an effective claim or response document.
- The essential elements to be included in a claim or response.
- Extension of time claims.
- Claims for additional payment.
- Principles of delay analysis.
- Quantum calculations.
- Responses and determinations to achieve agreement and avoid disputes.
- A note on dispute boards.
The advice given in the book is supported by worked examples of typical claims and responses with sample wording.
The book includes a foreword by Roger Knowles, who says:
“The book is without a doubt fully comprehensive and goes though the preparation of a claim from A to Z. I have no hesitation in recommending it to students, beginners, those involved on a day-to-day basis with time and cost on projects, as well as the seasoned claims consultants”.
This book is suitable for contracts managers, commercial managers, project managers, quantity surveyors, engineers and architects.